Bantayan Island is the tropical shining paradise of Asia. Tourists from as far as Europe fall in love with this island because of its fine white sand beaches and crystal clear blue waters. Their amazing sunsets against the blue water backdrop are just breath-taking. It is nothing short of perfection in an island. To add even more reasons to visit the island, the resorts in the island are famous for peacefulness and privacy, which is the way a resort should really be. Visitors will be able indulge in an encounter with nature at its best.
With any trip, however, there are a few reminders and tips that travelers needs to keep in mind. Here are but some specifically listed for the average traveler’s trip to Bantayan Island:
- An overnight trip to the island will never be enough for you to explore what the island has in store. Plan your vacation for at least a few days stay. Trust us: it’ll be worth it.
- Schedule your trip to the island as early as possible. You’ll want to take advantage of any sun and daylight as much as you can.
- Getting to Bantayan requires you to ride a non-air-conditioned bus with average and affordable fares. The ride provides a nice breeze but make sure you put sunscreen as you might get stuck with the sun on one of your sides. Better yet, make sure to sit on the opposite side of the bus away from the sun.
- If you became a little bit worried about the non-air-conditioned buses, you can always hire a v-hire or a taxi. These air-conditioned transports may cost you more but will give you a rather comfortable transport to Batayan.
- If you do decide to hire a private vehicle, make sure the car you choose is not a dilapidated one. The road to the islands may get rough and rocky; the last thing you want to happen is your car breaking down in the middle of the road to paradise.
- Do not buy bottled water at the Bantayan Island resorts as it is insanely expensive. Stock up on water bought from nearby stores instead. Remember to keep hydrated as well since temperatures on the island can get scorching hot.
- Make sure you arrive at your dinner buffet at D’ Jungle early to get a hold of premium cuts and choices, unless you don’t mind eating leftovers.
- While we’re talking about the buffet at D’ Jungle, those fan-like must-eat clams are simply delicious! Food is plentiful so be adventurous in trying out everything.
- Cebuanos and Filipinos in general are nice and hospitable. Don’t be shy to ask around for directions or questions. Most of them will be more than happy to help and also speak fair if not good English. Engage with the locals, especially the tricycle drivers, to know and find out more about the place.
- Most importantly, have fun! This is a vacation, after all. Relax on the beach, take a dip into the water and breathe in the fresh air of the tropics. Enjoy your stay in Bantayan Island!